Tuesday 2 June 2009

The heatwave

I took advantage of all the lovely weather and stripped all the bedding from the bed yesterday morning and had two blankets and one quilt on the line by 10am........the blankets have dried so soft and fluffy - we had a fair amount of wind as well as the heat so that helped. Sheets and pillow cases are laundered on a weekly basis but these other items are only done when I deem it neccessary.
Being dried out in the air they smell so nice, I do have a tumble drier but it is very old (20 years old?) and is rarely used.

We had some visitors during the morning - my eldest daughter came with her grandson Louie to see Grandad and Gran-Gran. He is getting so tall, even at 2 and a bit he can reach onto counters in the kitchen to get his juice cup down - but then I suppose that is inevitable as Daddy (grandson Terry) is over 6 foot. We had all the garden toys out of the shed as Jackie had brought her little charge Sophie as well and, of course, they both wanted to play with the same thing at the same time.......fortunately Gran-Gran has toys that are very similar - two bikes, two trucks, two bounce on balls etc (these have been gathered over the years from car boots and charity shops and free give aways). The 'toy' they played with most? the garden lounger swing - Louie got very possesive with 'my seat' and made sure that if you got up, you sat in the same place again when you sat down! I sat his end of the swing and was told off for doing so and made to move. We all managed to sit on the swing and then played See Saw Marjorie Daw.........an old favourite!

I haven't see Terry since he had his foot plastered and am wondering how he is coping with it in this heat.

I am going to try and plant the cosmos and asters that I grew from Saga's free seeds, they are big enough now to plant out. I have already been and prepared the bed they are going into this morning - got out htere early - already too hot but I am determined to plant them. Tell you late if I acheived my goal.

No comments: