Tuesday 9 June 2009

Quilt finished - well almost

This afternoon I finished the quilting on the teddy Bear quilt - the binding is on and I now have to sew that down and make a label. Can't show you a 'finished' picture yet - the camera battery is on charge.......and I will wait till the binding is on.

I must get this one finished because I have some material to make a quilt for my elderst daughter Jackie....all in purple fosil ferns and in the Elenor Burns manner of 'Double Irish Chain ' (but not quilt in a day - that's imposible!). Jackie chose these colours because they are favourites and the design becuase it's not 'fussy'! This will be a Queen size as she has a big bed and wants it to 'drape' Jackies words - not mine!

Then there is the challenge to 'do something with this fabric' that my friend who moved to Selsey has sent me. That will have to be on hold for a while I think.

We are taking the caravan down to Peacehaven for a week so that I can see my sister. We haven't told her we are coming or she will indulge in a frenzy of cleaning and I don't want her to do that and tire herself out. We are off on Thursday, but first I have a group of ladies here tomorrow afternoon - we meet in each others houses and many quilt, but others knit or do embroidery. They are a great group but the chatter does make me tired by the end of the afternoon.
I have packed my clothes into the van already (and 007 did his own this afternoon) so there is just the perishable food to store away and we will be off on Thirsday as soon as we are ready.
I must remeber to ask Jackie to come in and water the tomatoes in the green house !

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Look forward to seeing the photos of the Teddy quilt.

Have a lovely time today with your friends, and a great time with your sister. How is she now?

Sewing Granny said...

Hi Sue, Thanks for asking - my sister is keeping well now - no more strokes, thank God, but she does have little outbreaks of Pemphigoid (sp?) occasionally. Nasty complaint where your immune system atacks your skin and causes nasty blisters - all brought on by having too high a dose of Statins to reduce the risk of another stroke - she is no longer taking statins and I have refused it for the same reason.....