Saturday 27 June 2009

Here we go again

We had a lovely week away with the caravan and have been home now over a week, such a busy week that I haven't had time to post on here!! Sorry!
We couldn't have chosen better for our week on the South Coast, the weather was lovely, my sister was in good fettle and so was I. Here is a photo of her with her daughter, granddaughter and 007 in her daughter Jayne's garden. Ella is one of the babies born in the summer of 2005 when I had three babies to make quilts for. Jayne and her partner Adam have been in this house for about six months and this is the first visit I had there - I was impressed with it for a bungalow (most properties in Peacehave are bungalows) it was very spacious.

We had a visitor during the day on most days while staying in Peacehaven - she had got away from the other 30 odd chickens in their run and was not going to be caught and put back there - no sir! She would come in through the door or under the van into the awning , she seemed to like company and would stay for quite a while efore wandering off. It almost seems that she came to say good bye to us and was sad to see us go, I thought she was going to come up the steps into the van at one time but she didn't.

We had a good trip home and managed to park OK, this is the one bugbear to our outings - parking on the drive! we have a guy who parks his lorry opposite, so we try to time our home comings to coincide with his coming and goings - this time we were unlucky! but he did oblige us and moved his lorry.......apparently the credit crunch has hit his job and he had no work last week! so he has been 'in the way' all day every day!

We had a problem with the van while we were away - no water coming through the kitchen tap! Ok in the bathroom.......so we managed. When having a look at the tap, once we were home, we found that it was broken and the micro switch was not working. We trailed over to the caravan supplies people at Three Mile Cross and bought a new tap - what a performance that was! the sink had to come out so that the pipes were accessible - putting it back was difficult - it has a seal that goes round the underside of the sink edge and would it stay in place while I fitted it all around - no it wouldn 't! - it took me nearly an hour to replace the sink. I would get it on one side and it would fall off on the other side etc. etc. etc.


Fathers day saw most of the family come here - such a lovely sunny day that we spent it in the garden - I managed to catch these three together in the kitchen - they wanted drinks and Charlotte was going to make them for Joshua and Emily.
We went over to Kevin and Sarah's after all the others had left us - she makes the most delicious scones and we had tea over there.

As I said at the begining, I have had one very busy week - on Friday 19th I took three other ladies in the car to the quilt show at Sandown - it was a good show this year, but not as many suppliers as usual, lots of lovely quilts (I didn't get to see them all) some showcasing particular quilters like Pam Bono and Joyce Dawe and Pam and Nicky Lintott. we then all went out for an 'Early bird' meal at the Harvester with our husbands and I think I finally got home about 10 pm.

Saturday I took my lace pillow and was driven by a friend to Wantage where we made lace all day with about 100 other like minded ladies. Relaxing in a way but I was very tired by the end of the day.

I meet up with 6 other ladies on a Wednesday afternoon and we sit and sew together - we take turns in the entertaining - and the ladies house we went to this week had a birthday so we had arranged to go out for the day on Thursday. We drove to Hugendon Manor in Buckinghamshire (about 45 mins away). This is NT propert and was the home of Benjamin Disraeli so we didn't have to pay to go in as we are all members. We were very lucky to have arrived when we did as a guided tour of the house was just about to start and there was room for us on it. The Guide was very knowledgable and enthusiatic about his subject and could answer any question thrown at him.

The quilts that I was making have been finished and given to Joshua and Emily, they were very well received and apparently Joshua insisted on having his as his only covering that night, but the night was a little cooler than it has been and so he ended up with his duvet on top as well.....when I gave Emily her quilt she sat on the sofa with it and stroked the bears faces and then lay down on it and went to sleep..... I think they like them.

Yes I have started another quilt - for my eldest daughter Jackie - she has asked for a purple with purple and lavender Double Irish Chain. So far I have made 32 twentyfive patch blocks for the chains and today I will cut fabric for the other squares which are mostly background fabric.
Pictures will follow when it gets more interesting.

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Wow, you have been busy. I'm exhausted just reading it.

BilboWaggins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.