Friday 29 May 2009

phone probs

A long time ago we decided that we would put a little hedge between ourselves and our neighbours front gardens!
Over the weekend we bought 20 little box hedgings - himself decided that today was the day to strip the grass from the area prior to digging and adding some good earth . Fine so far! It was hot out there 25c and he got too hot so came in for lunch after marking up the site.

I had phoned my daughter in the morning to find out how my eldest grandson was - he had hurt his ankle last weekend and it was not getting better - so Jackie insisted in taking him to the local hospital for an ex-ray. I phoned and got no answer - phoned her daughter, she didn't answer either and later she phoned me back to say that she hadn't heard anything. So after lunch I tried again...................no signal at all what has happened ? ...........bet you can guess! 007 has cut through the phone cable! dear NTL will come and fix it on Monday! I said nothing to him -- what is the point!

As for grandson Terry - he has three (yes three) fractures on his ankle - one old one and two new ones - they don't know he was managing to walk! Now he is in plaster up to his knee. Honestly MEN !!

3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

oh nooo, what a b*mmer about the phone line. You'll just have to take advantage of the silence to do some quilting. Perhaps your poor grandson would like a nice quilted sock for his plaster?

Sewing Granny said...

I like that one Sue.......he was given a quilt when he was 17, and I know he uses it still although i is old now and fading - But - I think at 27 he would balk at a quilted sock for his plaster - especially in this weather! :-))

BilboWaggins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.