Friday 21 November 2008

Holidays

The bags are packed - jast last minute things to do to night and we are on our way to Cumbria! We have taken a time share place quite close to my friends, so hope to catch up wth them sometime during the week! Brian is very pleased with the work done on his car and is very glad to have it back in time to go North. It was delivered late yesterday afternoon.......Brian checked all the light connections to the caravan before he would let the delivery guy go.
Jackie and her friend Sue are coming with us - there are three bedrooms in our apartment, so plenty of room for two girls and all their junk! I did ask Jackies DH to join us but he has used his holiday time this year.......ah well I am trying to get those two together again! So Sue is coming to keep Jackie sane - her words! and let us old foggies go and do our own thing while they do theirs.....
We have packed our cold weather gear and walking boots - don't know how much of that I will do - my ankles are playing up and when I went to London the walking round Leicester Sq and Piccadilly was very painful! I will have to see......but I shall take my sewing and my art stuff....I'll be fine while everyone else walks.
Brian is busy making a big batch of marmalade - he loves making this and his own specail recipe......while I have been making a top from the patches I bought of the charity table at Thamesiders on Monday - they are just simple stars but some I have unpicked and remade - some with different fabrics in the middle - now they are a cohesive whole and I think the top will work well.

No comments: