Monday 27 July 2009

The top is finished

Jackie and I spent a great time together on Saturday - we went to Wallingford to go to Village Fabrics to choose something for the back of her quilt (this picture is a bit pink! must be the lights in my workroom today) this is a Northcott Textures fabric, it looks like cracked paint on woodwork.
The stencil is one I am thinking of using for the two purple borders, I am not sure yet what I will do with the lilac border round the chain - it is 2" wide so needs something on it - perhaps my lovely feathers here? Jackie wont like it though..... :-(

I have started to mark up the top. Just simple quilting will be all it gets.....I am going to fight this quilt under my sewing machine with out having complicated designs to do as well! So I am doing cross hatching on the diagonal crossings and a daisy design (from a stencil) in the large patches, the borders will have that simple chain. I have would liked to do feathers but Jackie turned her nose up at that.

As you can see I have had to lift the dining room table up a bit so that my back doesn't ache too much while doing the marking. I know I am only five foot tall but I was still bending over too much. I did all the center yesterday and have just the borders to do today......need to clear the table for the evening - I have three ladies who join me on a Monday night to sew and we find it easier to sit round the table.


I shall have all afternoon to play as 007 is out playing snooker with a mate, I can have the TV on and watch the quilting programs I have recorded from Rural TV - haven't you found it? it is on Sky (don't know if it is on cable) and is on Sunday mornings at 10am. Eleanor Burns giving hints on making different blocks from a wartime quilt.
I must go and start the day......breakfast first I think then ablutions and dressing! yes I'm in my Jammies! (not a pretty sight!)

3 comments:

BilboWaggins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sewing Granny said...

now then Bilbo....calm down girl!

QuiltSue said...

Hope the quilt marking gets finished without too much backache. Thanks for telling us about Rural TV, I had no idea we could find a quilting program on TV here.