Tuesday 21 July 2009

Sad news

I have just had a phone call from a friend (one of the ladies I quilt with on a Wednesday afternoon) to say that the husband of one of our friends has been taken in to hospital with suspected Lukemia! his wife has just been diagnosed with a cancer on her kidney and is waiting to be called for an operation..........they are such a lovely couple and we have known them for nearly 50 years ......I have been in floods of tears.......this is the problem with getting old!

4 comments:

BilboWaggins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sewali said...

Oh gosh, it never rains but it pours. I'll be thinking of you all.

QuiltSue said...

I'm so sorry sewing granny. I'm thinking of you, and them.

Sewing Granny said...

Thank you ladies - I will be sewing with the rest of the group this afternoon and I will find out more from them (they all live in the same cul-de-sac - every one knows what is going on there!) I just feel so sorry for Margaret - she is waiting to have a kidney removed because it has a cancerous growth, and they have just found this after months of other tests, now this worry about Jim is dreadful!