Saturday 11 July 2009

I shouldn't make plans.......


I thought I would be able to get on with the Irish chain quilt this week, but after a good start I have come to a standstill! I have all the pieces cut to make the seminole borders and was going to do them on Thursday - but I was not feeling 100%, very tired and very giddy, so I did nothing all day - I slept a lot though and yesterday I felt a lot better.

Brian though that a day away from home might help so we went to Pangbourne to the National Trust property there.......Baslidon Park. It is a place we go to a lot as it's only half an hour away down the M4 motorway. We had our lunch then went had had a look at the exhibition about the house being used for the last film of Pride and Predudice, what a lot of things they had to do to make this house look like Netherfield! and what a lot of precious NT stuff they had to move out incase the film crews damaged it......The day stayed dry and sunny and we had a walk round the gardens after looking through the house. I must say that I felt better for having a day out and feel more like my old self again today.

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Hope you're feeling OK again now? Sounds like you had a good day out.

Sewing Granny said...

Thank you Sue - I'm much better - think I over do things then nature makes me stop for a while! that's age for you!! can't do what you did when you were a youngster like Bilbo!