Saturday 3 May 2008

Catching up









Above is the quilt going to FoQ in Aug. and next to that is my sister Gill.


This is our great grandson Louey, visting Gran Gran










Brian playing with some new friends.









Since I last posted we have been away with the caravan to Newhaven E. Sussex. The object was to make sure the van was OK for a trip to Malvern and to enable me to see my young sister!







We had some good weather and some rain, the site we went on was not full so we (himself) had a lot room to play!!! and he also found some friends to play with!








My sister was very well - we have had cause to be concerned about her over the last couple of years, she had a stroke and then an adverse reaction to medication, but she seems to have rebuilt her life and is enjoying it. She looks after her grandaughter a lot which means that her daughter checks up on my sister every day and is only a phone call away if needed.






Since we have come home I have been trying to do a lot of quilting on the quilt going onto the Festival of Quilts in August. It is slow going as I am hand quilting and my fingers are hurting due to arthritis. It is not going to put me off finishing though - I am aiming to be finished by the end of May. I have also started sewing Lady of the Lake patches made from the fabric I won at last years show, they are begining to look good - I have used just the orangey shades so far but i may include the green ones - I won every shade of fabric that Oakshott do in their 'shott' range, they are lovely altogether in the box and it seemed a shame to split them up, but they must be used!


My eldest daughter came visiting yesterday and brought her little grandson to see me - he's going to be a charmer - just like his Daddy. I couldn't believe how much he has grown since I last saw him - then he was only trying to walk and now he is running all over the place.

I still haven't got the hang of this blogging lark - now my pictures are all over the place!


























No comments: