Tuesday 6 May 2008

Baby sitting and granchildren - etc

This has been a very busy weekend for me. Firstly I was left on my own while DH went and helped our eldest son change his bathroom suite. I had all the shopping to on my own - not what I am used to - but I managed. It took a long while because they shop are having a revamp and I had difficulty finding they things I wanted! Then I went in the evening to babysit for my greatgrandson while my grand-daughter went out on a date with a new fella she met a few days ago - he took her out for dinner and I sat and sewed while James slept! he didn't wake up for a cuddle with Gran Gran and Mummy came home just before midnight!



While I was out shopping, Son number one was trying to phone me - the mobile doesn't work in Sainsbury's for some reason! DH had been taken ill - had a funny turn - as they say! Good job our Daughter-in-law is a Nurse cos she looked after him and then made sure he was OK before bringing him home. She advised a quiet weekend - so that was what he had! made to sit and watch the football and snooker all weekend - with me and his eldest sister waiting on him - poor boy!



Yesterday afternoon (bank holiday) we had lunch at our youngest daughters home - it was such a lovely day that we had it in her garden. It was very wet underfoot after all the rain we have had the past few weeks that the littlies had their wellies on and we were careful where we walked!
It was so hot that Joshua and Emily had water play and the garden became even more soggy in parts and they became so wet that their clothes came off and they were left with just their wellies on! Wish I had taken my camera - they did look so funny........


DH has been to the Doc this morning and has been told he has had a TIA and that an appointment for the TIA clinic will be made for him, but that he can carry on just as he was doing, cycling, swimming, gardening etc and helping the children with their projects but to remember he is 75 not 25 and act accordingly!.


I am expecting youngest daughter to come and cut my hair this afternoon - I am begining to look like a shaggy dog! I hope she does come - then I can tell her how Daddy got on - I can never get hold of her on her phones.........and I hate leaving messages , I always wonder if she actually heard it!

2 comments:

sewali said...

Hi Sewing Granny, I haven't checked your blog for a while, I see you've been very busy. I hope Brian is OK now, I hope he's not too frustrated having to slow down a bit!

Sewing Granny said...

Thanks Sewali, he has gradually picked up the reins again and is going along gently. He refuses to be coddled - as he put it "stop fussing woman!" I shall be glad when we have been to the hospital and we know what we should be doing.