Sunday 30 August 2009

quick update

Margaret is over her Op for Kidney cancer - they didn't do the 'key hole 'surgery they had thought they would do as they kidney was worse than they thought! So the poor girl has a scar all round her side and back. things didn't go as planned either - she got a chest infection nad had fluid on the lung so was put back into intensive care after being on the ward for a couple of days.
She therefor spent more time in hospital than expected. She has been home now about 5 days and is doing well - she is very upbeat about things and is coping well while her sister is with her.

Jim's funeral is planned for Friday and after that she will be on her own.......we will see how she copes - but her friends are all around and she only has to call and one of us will be with her....

I came home from Birmingham Ok but have since gone down with a cough - nothing else just a debilitating cough! and therefore am very tired (think I must be allergic to Bracknell or perhaps all the Birch trees round here!). Don't feel like doing anything much but I did manage to sandwich Jackies quilt yesterday - took me all day doing it in short bursts.........good job I bought another 100 pins as I have used them and the 200 I already have!

I bought one or two things at the show but have not taken photos - yet....perhaps I will tomorrow........then you can see whats new in my cupboard.

1 comment:

Lorchen said...

I'm glad that Margaret is ok, and hope she'll cope with the stress of the funeral.

And congratulations on sandwiching that purple thing.

Most important: Look after yourself!

Lorchen