Wednesday 12 August 2009

gifts - or flower sitting!


A little while ago a friend of my eldest daughter asked me to 'baby sit' some orchids for her.

She has a house in France that she only lives in part of the year, other wise she lives with her sister or my Jackie or her boy friend.


She works for a florist (when she is not being an animal aunt and living with them) in Windsor. She 'rescued' 5 orchids from being put in the skip after they had been collected from a display in a 'prestigeous' place. There were no flowers on these plants and the florist didn't want them any more. So into the bin they were going! Sue asked me if I would mind looking after them for her - I had 3 while her sister had 2 - when she came with Jackie the other day to see the quilt top I am making, I showed her the orchids - she couldn't believe how beautiful they were and how many blooms.... she said she may bring me more as they are always throwing them out when they have finished flowering and that she doesn't want the plants back because she is sure she would kill them.

3 comments:

sewali said...

That's pretty impressive, you must have the magic touch!

BilboWaggins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
QuiltSue said...

They're gorgeous.