Monday 27 April 2009

Painful hands



I hope to have the 'Bears' quilt top finished by the end of this afternoon. The applique pieces are all prepared and 007 is out this afternoon so I can just sew.........I have some housework to do but that can wait till tomorrow - the laundry is upto date and downstairs is clean.......to h**l with upstairs!!

I had hoped to finish hand quilting the other quilt that has been on the go for such a long time now, but my fingers have been really painful this weekend, and I have been feeling poorly too - headachy.....not a full blown migrain but that sort of headache, with nausea and flashing lights! I may have started it off myself by doing some weeding, bending over and pulling up dandelions etc - I know it always makes me feel giddy and makes the top of my head feel sore and throbby, I know I should kneel to weed.......but ......... I don't always do what I should!
Ah well - I will finish the tea I have just had brought to me and I will start sewing this morning - too wet to go into the garden today.

Photos will follow - promise!
10:45pm
Promise kept with the photo but I didn't quite finish the top - the borders are now cut but not attached yet. The last bear block was done by 2:30 pm and I managed to get all the blocks together before 007 came home for his supper. The last Teddy does still need eyes and nose and the bees in his block have no faces yet either! I couldn't wait to see how they all looked together. Not a good photo, as the sky was overcast and it was raining heavily so the light in the room was poor. But I think you can see what it will look like eventually.

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

It's so cute. I think it will be a well-loved quilt.

Hope you're feeling better this morning?

Sewing Granny said...

Thanks QuiltSue - feeling lots better now - must be careful when I garden that I don't keep bending over too much - makes my head pound and makes me giddy....hence a headache next day!