Sunday 12 April 2009

Happy Easter







I thought I would show you some of the blocks I have finished for the quilt I am making for Emily.
So far I have made 9 of the ten blocks. but I have only given eyes and noses to these four. I had thought that I would have finished the whole quilt by now but the hassles we have been having with the telephone company really put me off my stride!
Emily has a birthday on the 18th of this month but I don't think I will be anywhere near finished so I will have to go and buy her a girlie pressie - she will be four, so something pretty to wear or something girlie to play with .
To day we are all (the whole family) are going to dinner at our Sarah's (Emily and Joshua's Mummy) - she is cooking lamb..mmmmmm. I am looking forward to seeing everyone together again - there are so many of us that it only happens on big occasions now. Must remeber to take the camera with me.

My daughter in law Sarah had a fright on Thursday evening - she was up in London at Kings Cross with a lot of her medical friends when she was attacked from behind and her handbag was snatched while the guy held a knife to her throat. As you can guess she was very distressed and the thing is that it happened so quickly that none of the others realised! the bag was thrown to another guy who was waiting and then to another - the police say that there had been similar muggings in the area that evening . She lost a very expensive Mulberry handbag, two phones (one is her NHS one) her wallet (yes - all her credit/debit cards), her keys, a memory stick with a lot of private info on it and her filofax! She is terrified that they will have so much info on her that they could clone her identitiy! The police say that the muggers were only after money.........time will tell! but she has changed her bank account and stopped all her cards. She has also had different locks put on the front door and has bought a Crooklock for her lovely little Mazda convertable! Through all of this Kevin was in Switzerland skiing! he has been worried sick about her, the phones must have been redhot with all the calls they have made to each other of the weekend! At least he is home now to give her the kind of support she needs.

2 comments:

BilboWaggins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sewing Granny said...

Thank you Bilbo - my Daughter in law is still showing signs of shock! although trying to make light of it, as is her way. She doesn't have her own Mum now and it is lovely to here her call me 'Mummy as she did several times yesterday.