Saturday 18 April 2009

Plants and the bears again!


Now don't laugh! but I found this plant growing in a hedgerow in America a couple of years ago and I didn't recognise it.....I took some seeds from it and brought them home in a screw of tissue hankie! Last Autumn I planted them - only three germinated , 007 knoked over the original pot and broke it, so they had to be re-potted. I have guarded them with my life since then, even stopping GGS James from smelling it last weekend in case he broke it! now the flower is out.....one guess only to name it ...........!!! Rape!! Why didn't I know what it was while in America? is it because it was where I didn't expect to see it? I don't know!



As you can see two of the trays of Saga seeds have germinated - this time I do know what I have sown! VBG ! the Cosmos and the Asters are growing well, but so far the Echinaceous has still to show.......




I have at last given these teddies their faces, now they have a character.......that is eight done and two to do - then I can put the top together!



I am looking forward to quilting this quilt - I think it will be a lot of fun.
Not a lot will be done this weekend though, first we have Emily's birthday party to go to and then we are going to the New Forest, where we took the caravan last Wednesday, we are going to stay a couple of days then bring it home. No. 2 son and his daughter Charlotte have been down there having a few days holiday. So far they have been crabbing on Avon Beach, Charlotte says she caught 14 quite big crabs......at least 5 inches across.......but of course they all went back into the water at the end of the day! Yesterday they went to Poole Pottery where she painted a pot - and then they were going to Highcliffe Castle, I hope she has enjoyed herself.

6 comments:

Lorchen said...

Brenda, those teddies are pure magic!

Sewing Granny said...

They have been so much fun to make!
I shall be sorry to see the quilt go when it is finished....but I know that the bears will please one little newly four year old!
She came for lunch todya and had my large bin of bears down off the shelf (approx 30 bears) and lined them all up for a birthday picnic!
Ahhh!

sewali said...

They're gorgeous, that little girl's going to have to guard her quilt with her life LOL

Tracey said...

Hi there .... glad you popped over to see me. Its always nice to hear from people. I love your teddies .. they are so cute! They are going to make someone very happy!
I like the Hungry caterpillar one too. All my kids have loved this story.
Have a lovely weekend.

BilboWaggins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sewing Granny said...

Bilbo, I have loved making these, BUT I have about 10 projects waiting to be made and 007 has enough quilts in this house to choose from if he wants one for himself!