Thursday 5 June 2008

Sunshine at last

What a difference a bit of sunshine does to us! i was really depressed on Tuesday when it di nothing but rain all day, but yesterday and again this morning the sun is shining and I feel better!

I have finished sewing on the binding on 'the purple thing' now renamed 'Swan Song' as I think this will be the last quilt I hand quilt - my fingers are so painful today after sewing the binding on and I still have a hanging sleeve to do and a label. I had hoped that I might wash the quilt today but I think it will have to be tomorrow as I have to go and have my eyes tested this morning, so don't really have the time it needs to do a good job.

Yesterday we managed to clean the rest of the outside of the caravan - it was really dirty after two trips away and we are off again next week - going to see a friend! so must make sure it's looking smart! VBG. Now to get the vaccie inside and then restock the fridge etc and we will we ready to go on Wednesday - 320 miles will take us about 7 - 8 hours I think. The AA say that the journey should take 5:30 hours but that is for a car and with no stops, a caravan is not allowed to go over 60 mph so it will take longer just for the journey and Himself needs to stop every 2 hours or so. We hope to leave about 9am (after the neighbours have all gone to work so that we have room to manouver the van) and arrive at our destination approx 4pm.

Really looking forward to this trip - we have found a nice camp site on the opposite side of the valley to our friend in a place called Brigham nr Cockermouth. It is an adult only site and is on the site of a farm fisheries - so should be interesting! Fresh fish for supper? who knows.

2 comments:

BilboWaggins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sewing Granny said...

Yes! - I thought it was a trout fishery - it just say fish farm in our details. We will be there about 6pm I think but I am not promising - it is a very long drive and although we are starting off about 9am it will depend on how many stops we have to make - Brian getting tired etc....he still will not let me tow!