Friday 6 June 2008

Quilts and visits and gardens





I just had to show you these photos - Jackie came with her other grandchild Louey, they stayed while he had his lunch and played for a while - now htey have gone to meet up with Jackies other grandson to go to the park and play on th swings. I haven't see Louey for a month and he has grown so much and is much more steady on his feet.

This morning, before I did anything else I finished sewing on the hanging sleeve to 'Swan Song' aka 'that Purple thing' ! It has now been washed in cold water to remove the blue marking and is under covers on the patio drying. Himself thought it would dry quicker if I removed the top sheet - NO! I don't want the birds pooping on it!
It is a lovely warm day - not too sunny and the patio slabs are warm.

While waiting for the quilt to dry I took a look at the garden - lots of the flowers I have previously shown have gone over. The rain spoilt most of them, but look what nature has done - others are opening! The hollyhocks must have loved all that rain because they have grown so much in a week. These ones are a pale yellow - so pale they are almost white. I used to have such a lot of hollyhocks all sorts of colours from seeds I purloined from a garden near to the university that my niece went to in Watford. Over the years the others have died off but I still have some of the original seed so I may try planting them again.

















Yesterday we went to see how our youngest daughters new extension is getting on - as you can see they nearly have the roof on - so no more fear of water invasion! It was such a lovely afternoon that we had tea in the garden and just as we were about to start more visitors arrived - my Eldest daughter, her daughter and grandson! The littlies have a whale of a time playing together - There is a large trampoile in the garden, a large shed (as a wendy house) and this large climbing frame, swings and slide ! Emily's

hair is so fine that when she sat to put her shoes on again after jumping around for a while, it all stuck to the netting surrounding the trampoline.
















The garden has a load of rubbish still to be cleared from the build - the old walls were being moved to a skip but I think that this weekend will see Brian using his car and trailer to move stuff to the local tip . On Sunday the new walls are to be painted to match the rest of the house (magnolia) and I expect we will all be involved in that as the scaffolding is coming down next week and the painting will be easier if it's not done from a ladder!



2 comments:

BilboWaggins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sewing Granny said...

Sorry Bilbo but Brian has been helping paint an extention! it is now a nice shade of magnolia! and also take a load of rubbish to the tip. Me? I've been out all day enjoying myself!