Thursday 15 October 2009

Catching up

Gosh what a long time since I last posted! I haven't been away again - just busy at home.

I have been working on the kingsize Double Irish Chain quilt (Quilt in a day Eleanor? I don't think so! it took two days just to mark up the quilting designs!), and it is nearly finished......the rest of the binding is being sewn down today - then I shall take pictures.......

I have also had two lovely days at lacedays with my friends, so my table cloth edging is growing , slowly - unfortunately there are no more until the begining of Feb 2010, so unless I make a commitment to myself to make lace at least once a week, nothing else will be done till then!

My middle granddaughter came over one week end and spent the time going through my stash of fabric and chosing colours for the ninepatch quilt top she is making - it was going to be just red and dark blue - but- other colours are creaping in as she discovered fat quarters of gorgeous yellows and greens and purples......."oooh can I have some of that Granny?"  A lovely weekend of sewing with her left me exhausted - not just through raking through boxes and cutting 3" squares for her, (I have yet to allow her to use the rotary cutter!)  but because she never stops talking! She's worse than me!!

Thamesider Quilt group ( http://www.Thamesidequilters.co.uk/index.html ) have thrown us a challenge - we provide a block - any size , any style - for the center of a quilt and then pick an envelope from the box which will tell us what first border to put on.  We will have two months to make that border then we will pick another envelope.....till our borders measure 20".  Sounds like fun so I am going to join in......will I regret it - we will see..........
  

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

You have been busy haven't you? I'm looking forward to seeing the Purple Chain photos and grand-daughter's Red Peril.

The challenge does sound fun and should be interesting to watch from the sidelines!

Sewing Granny said...

I will take some photos today Sue!