Wednesday 30 September 2009

Stash!

OK - so QuiltSue has given us a challenge to show our stash as others have done.  I have several boxes and a couple of shelves in wall cupboards full of fabric! quite neatly I think.  I do know where everything is if I need something in a hurry.  I am not opening those cupboards - although they are tidy they are full and stuff may well fall out if I open them!
DH made the shelves the boxes sit on and hung the cupboards that house so many lovely goodies.  You can also see some of my collection of quilting and other craft books.  In the blue icecream tubs my threads are stored according to colour or type - i.e. white or cream, light coloured, dark coloured sewing threads, then the quilting threads then the fancy ones and embroidery rayon .  In the plastic boxes the fabrics are stored by colour - nothing bigger than half a meter! the large peices of fabrics are in the cupboards.  Then the baskets contain UFO's (well some of them)




3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Hey Sewing Granny, that's one of the tidiest stashes I've seen. Wish mine looked like that.

Sewing Granny said...

Thanks Sue - but you should see Bilbo's if you want tidy!

QuiltSue said...

I have seen it Sewing Granny, that's why I ranked yours as one of the tidiest rather than the tidiest. (giggle)