Friday 16 October 2009

Finished at last


Here are pictures of the finished quilt - it is 100" square - that is smaller than the original top was made at.....someone didn't want it that long after all - after I had made it and marked the quilting patterns! so I took a whole pattern block off the bottom, after detaching the borders ..........I was not a happy bunny!  It has affected how I felt about the quilt and I am sure I have not made as good a job of it  as I would have done.



Now the younger daughter has asked me for a new quilt for her bed (another kingsize) I don't know if I want to do another one yet.  She already has a blue and white one I made for her many years ago but now she is changing her colour scheme and wants a pink and white one!  Perhaps I will htink about it in the New Year .

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

That looks great. You may not be happy with it, but I bet daughter is. I specially love the motif you used in the purple blocks.

Sewing Granny said...

thanks Sue - I have had fun deciding what to do and where to do it. Now I have finished it I am 'lost' and am hunting around for projects (there are many in my workroom - but which do I start?).