Sunday 27 January 2013

Happy New year everyone - yes I know I am a little late but it is still January!

We had a quiet christmas spent at our younger daughters house, the children were so absorbed by their new toys that we hardly heard a sound form them..........a first!  New year was spent at home - just each other and the fireworks from the local shopping area to watch from an upstairs window.

I have been busy though - the quilt I stared in September is now finished and just waiting to go to it's new home, after I have let other people see it.




I now have a challenge from Thamesiders to make - we are making hangings about the River to go to Sandown in the summer - I have an idea but have not made a start - I must get going or it will not be ready for March!!
I also have another Jacobs Ladder quilt sandwiched waiting for me to quilt it and a tiny (cot sized) split ninepatch to finish.

I am glad our snow has gone, although it was pretty for a while, but I will not go out in it in case I slip over - don't want broken bones at my age!  Brian did help nextdoors grandchildren build a snow man on our front lawn, and very good he looked too..........but he has now gone along with the snow.


 
 
 
He also had Brians Chelsea football hat on for a while as well as the scarf!  the girl next door made a small dog to sit by his side to keep him company, but I didn't get a very good photo of that.

No comments: