Sunday 1 August 2010

SewingGranny sews........

Sarah's first quilt
I have been asked to show a friend what I have been sewing lately, so here are a few photo's - sorry if they are wobbly but it is breezy today.   This is the beginnings of a quilt for my youngest daughter, she and her DH have moved at last into the new bedroom they had built onto their house last year and she wants to change her colour scheme from blue to pink.  This is going to be a big quilt to fit their king sized bed. The borders are still to be finished - as you can see there are only three here  - one more to go.......then I have to attach them to the main part and applique the corners.  Then the next lot of fun starts with the sandwiching and the quilting -I shall quilt on my Bernina of course - my hands can't cope with hand quilting any longer....and although I would love to have a frame to put my machine on to it is never going to happen - htey cost too much! so the diningroom will be taken over while I have the machine downstaires on my table in my dining room  and with the help of the ironing board I will manage to support this monster!

2 comments:

Lorchen said...

WOW! That's a very, very impressive quilt top. Can't wait to see how you are going to quilt it (And I looove the old quilt!).

Lorchen

Sewing Granny said...

Thanks - this will not get quilted till I have found some white cotton wadding that is big enough - I do not do joining in wadding! this quilt is big king size ! So you may have to wait a while!