Thursday 19 November 2009

November !!!


Where has the last month gone - what with Halloween and  bonfire night and baby sitting and illnesses (not mine) and one thing and another I just have not got round to blogging!






I have been sewing - I found a panel of Christmas placemats - easy sewing - so I am getting on with them.  Also I have taken up the challenge from Thamesiders and have been busy hand sewing that.  I also decided to try out Pam and Nicky Lintotts book on Jellyrolls and make one of the quilts from there with the fabric given as a freebee when re-subscribing to one of the magazines.




I have now finished this top and it is waiting for me to put the wadding and the backing on and do the quilting.  This fabric is very 'manish'  not just because of the dark colours but also because it has golf as it's theme.  Golf balls and tee's and people playing golf and all the Argyle patterens that the men wear on their socks and sweaters.

















At a day spent with some friends one weekend I made these dear little balls in Christmas fabric and they will be hung on my Christmas tree eventually!



4 comments:

glamlawlib said...

Hello Sewing Granny :)

Thanks for stopping by, I'm discovering some lovely blogs as a result of the article!

I love the patchwork Christmas balls, not seen anything like them before and the placemats too. Just how did it get to be November so soon?!

Sewing Granny said...

The balls are pentagons and if you sew them in the right order they form a ball - they make great toys for babies if done in pretty fabrics.

Christine said...

Hi there Sewing Granny,
just had a read of a couple of your posts - the P&Q article has led to me starting to follow some blogs. I love the picture of the sunrise - I live in North Devon and quite possibly saw that one - there were some good ones this autumn. Also - I'm intrigued by the lacemaking - I am also a lacemaker, but patchwork and quilting has taken over recently. At some point I shall get back to the lacemaking, perhaps when I have a little more room in my sewing room!

Sewing Granny said...

Hi Christine
Thanks for dropping by.......I have been lace making since the seventies, but don't do much these days. P&Q have taken over my life too - as you can see from my blog.